Quality of HIV prevention programmes for youth
Aidsfonds (previously STOP AIDS NOW!) and Rutgers' trainers project improves HIV prevention interventions and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) education for youth in 12 African countries.
What we have to offer:
All programmes for young people on SRHR education and HIV prevention for youth need to be of high quality to ensure young people can make their own informed choices!
With our training we aim to support civil society organisations to increase the quality of their HIV prevention and SRHReducation programmes for young people. Not only by providing knowledge, but also to teach skills, change attitudes and risk perceptions. Behavioural change theory lies at the core of our training.
Trained trainers in 12 countries are available to support organisations who work with young people. So far these trainers have supported more than 130 organisations. On this webpage you can find local trainers that can support your organisation, find information about the content of the training, read about the experiences of others, find background information and tools and learn more about what we experienced and envisage for the future.
- Training in your region
- Content of the training
- Experience of others
- Looking back and moving forward
- Quick needs assessment for your organisation
More information and be involved
Would you like to be involved, do you want to use the tools, or are you interested to receive support?
- Please contact Miriam Groenhof, senior advisor Prevention for Youth at Aidsfonds (previously STOP AIDS NOW!)
- Get in contact with one of the trainers in a preferred country
- Have a peek at the Guide for Trainers’ contents, chapter 1 and 2 to get an impression of the training material.
- Please read the annual report 2014
- Please contact Rutgers for more information.