Vacancy: Business Developer at STOP AIDS NOW!
January 14, 2015
Are you or do you know the business developer we are looking for?
STOP AIDS NOW! aims to strengthen and expand its funding base for current and new programmes towards the end of AIDS in a world where all people affected by HIV and STIs access prevention, treatment, care and support. Our strategy 2014 -2017 is described in Setting milestones.
Both evidence on the effectiveness of interventions and ground- breaking medical developments have paved the way for reaching important milestones. In the coming years we can have a lasting impact on HIV and STI epidemics, both internationally and in the Netherlands. To a large extent, we know what needs to be done to turn the HIV epidemic around. This is the time to be ambitious and use this knowledge, setting new milestones STOP AIDS NOW! has a specific focus on women, youth and children and operates mainly Sub-Saharan Africa.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Develop business concepts that contain convincing pitches, proposals, fundraising strategies, potential matching donors for scale up of existing effective programmes or the start of new programmes
- Build up and strengthen relationships and networks with partners, stakeholders and relevant donors together with the Manager and Senior Advisors of STOP AIDS NOW! programmes to strengthen the concepts and to find matching funds
Your salary will be between € 2.811 and € 4.341 gross per month (for 36 hours). You will be offered a fixed term contract of 1 year. The contract can be extended in case of good performance and provided sufficient financial means.
Requirements and competencies
- Minimum of 5 years experience and proven track record in successful concept development, broker and fundraising for programmes in developing countries
- A relevant network of partners, stakeholders and institutional donors and foundations
- Open, transparent, results oriented and entrepreneurial attitude
- Willingness to travel to target countries (up to 4 times/year)
- Good English communication skills, able to read and understand Dutch
- Masters degree in relevant field
- The vacant position requires the person to already have an EU work permit
Working at Aids Fonds - STOP AIDS NOW! - Soa Aids Nederland means working with other professionals to invest the best in yourself for a good goal. We are an organization with an open, welcoming an collaborative atmosphere. Should candidates be equally positioned, then the applicant living with HIV gets preference.
Please have a look at this website to find out more about the programmes of STOP AIDS NOW!. You can also contact Yvette Fleming, Programme Manager STOP AIDS NOW! on +31(0)20 5287828/ +31(0)6 33333017 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the mail-address only for questions and more information.
How to apply?
Please note that we accept applications through this application form only.
Address a motivation letter and CV in English to Yvette Fleming, Manager STOP AIDS NOW! Programmes before 27th of January 2015. Interviews will be held on February 3rd and 5th, 2015.